In this Plans/Subscriptions FAQs page you will find answers to the following questions:
- What is the difference between a plan and a subscription?
- How do I change the amount I am charging a customer for a subscription?
- Can I change the amount of a plan to update the charge amount for all customers assigned to that plan?
Put simply, a plan is effectively a recurring payment template you create to then assign multiple customers to.
A subscription, on the other hand, is a recurring payment plan that you create for customer's individually.
One thing to keep in mind is that, regardless of whether a customer is assigned to a plan or has had a subscription created for them individually, this will be shown in the Subscriptions section on a customer's individual overview page.
You can view the customers assigned to a particular plan by clicking on the name of the plan via the Plans page of your dashboard.
1. Navigate to the customer's page in your dashboard.
2. Click on the subscription you would like to edit.
3. Click Manage > Edit in the top right.
4. Enter the new amount and save the changes.
NOTE: A subscription can be edited a maximum of ten times.
If a payment from the subscription is in pending status (i.e. showing in the Payments section below Subscriptions), you would need to cancel this payment and recreate it for the new amount. It will not change when you amend the amount of the subscription.
Please note that you can only cancel a payment before it is submitted to the banking system for processing.
You can find an overview of our payment timings for each Direct Debit scheme here.
You're not able to edit the amount of a plan itself. Instead, you would need to edit the amount of the subscription for customers individually via their overview pages.
Alternatively, you could cancel the plan and create a new one with the preferred amount to then add your customers to. Your customers will receive a notification email advising of these actions when you take them.