- What is a Direct Debit mandate?
- How can a mandate be set up through GoCardless?
- How long does it take to set up a mandate?
- Is there a cap on the amount that can be collected through a mandate?
- Can a customer have more than one mandate?
- What is a restricted mandate?
- How can a mandate be cancelled?
- What if a customer cancels their mandate before completing their payments?
A customer can cancel their mandate at any time…
- through their online banking or by contacting their bank directly.
- by contacting GoCardless.
- by contacting yourself (the merchant).
As a merchant, you can cancel a customer’s mandate through your GoCardless dashboard or third party platform you are using to request the payments.
Both yourself and the customer will receive an automated email when a mandate is cancelled.