The GoCardless and eTapestry integration enables you to get paid on time by taking payment for your invoices by Direct Debit. It also saves time by automatically reconciling payment and fees within your account.
eTapestry supports GoCardless as a payment processor in the UK. Follow these steps to add GoCardless as a payment processor for your organisation.
1. Go to your Management settings
2. Click on My Organisation
3. Select eCommerce
4. Click on Add GoCardless Processor.
After you select to add GoCardless as a payment processor, you will be able to create your account.
Once enabled, you can add GoCardless to your DIY online giving forms.
1. Create a new online form
2. Select GoCardless under Transaction Processor
3. Once you are finished editing your DIY form settings, select Update to confirm
After you publish your Online Giving form, donors will be able to make Direct Debit recurring gifts to your organisation. Once their donation has successfully been submitted, the donor will be redirected to a confirmation page with the following information:
- Confirmation of a successful Direct Debit transaction
- Name of the organisation that appears on the bank statement
- Notification that the donor will receive a confirmation email within 3 business days
- Link to a PDF of the Direct Debit transaction
1. Select to process transactions automatically when each instalment is due under the Schedule Information section
Please note: Direct Debit is not available for manually recurring gift schedules.
2. In the First Instalment Date field, enter the date when you want to process the first payment
The first instalment date must be later than one week from the current date but no later than one year in the future.
3. In the Frequency field, enter the frequency of the recurring payments
On the Create a New Query page or when editing an existing query;
1. Select the Journal Fields category in the drop down menu under Browse Fields in the Criteria section
2. Choose Transaction Gift Type
3. Finally, select the Direct Debit checkbox as shown
You can also select to query on GoCardless ID numbers, such as Customer ID Bank Account ID, Mandate ID, and Subscription ID. For example, choose Transaction Direct Debit GoCardless IDs, then enter the ID number in the field. Click the + icon to add it to your query. You can enter multiple IDs to your query.
Existing eTapestry subscribers can access full user guides and support via the Blackbaud support pages by clicking here.