If you integrated GoCardless and Sage 50 prior to August 2017, you are using the GoCardless legacy integration. Please note this is being discontinued on the 31st October 2017.
To continue using GoCardless with Sage 50 Accounts, you will need to migrate to the new Sage 50 Accounts integration, which is embedded into Sage 50 via the new Direct Debit Manager.
Please note: The full Sage support documentation on the new GoCardless for Sage application can be found here.
Step one: Prepare your account and find a suitable time to migrate
The new GoCardless for Sage50 integration will reconcile payments generated through this app. Any payments generated through the legacy integration will be identified by the new integration, but will not be automatically attributed to an invoice. This would result in unallocated payments which need to be manually reconciled.
To avoid this, we strongly recommend upgrading your account when you have no payments currently being processed. This means:
- You do not have any payments pending in your legacy GoCardless Sage 50 add-on
- All reconciliation is complete, this means you have completed the Settlement of all payments
- You do not have any payments scheduled for collection on a future date. GoCardless can help with this, see below.
- You do not need to collect any payments for at least 2 days.
Please note that the specified payment date in the legacy add-on is the creation date rather than the charge date. Payments are charged three working days after the creation and this will need to be taken into consideration when planning your migration.
Cancelling payments scheduled for the future
GoCardless can cancel all payments scheduled for future collection through the legacy GoCardless Sage50 add-on. Contact email@example.com to arrange this.
The outstanding balances will remain available on the respective invoices and, once migrated to the new GoCardless for Sage application, you will be able to reschedule these in just a few clicks.
NOTE: Your customers will not be notified of these payment cancellations.
Step two: making sure your Sage account is eligible for the upgrade
The new GoCardless for Sage50 integration is only available on v24 of Sage50 and Sage 50c. Therefore in order to migrate you will need to upgrade your Sage software to the latest version.
If you're unsure whether your support package entitles you to an automatic upgrade to v24, please contact Sage on 0845 111 6666 and reference ‘GoCardless’.
Once you have finished processing any payments up to the planned migration date on your old Sage 50 GoCardless add-on, you are ready to upgrade your software.
Remember to contact GoCardless if you have any payments scheduled for future collection so that we can cancel these in bulk for you.
Performing the migration
Step 1: Remove the current GoCardless Sage Add-on from your Sage account
a) Open your program management window as follows
Start menu > Control Panel > Programs and features > Uninstall a program
b) Select (highlight) "GoCardless"
c) Click "Uninstall" at the top
d) In the pop-up window, confirm that you wish to Remove the application from this computer.
Step 2: Upgrade to Sage 50 Accounts v24
Download and install Sage 50 Accounts v24.
For further help, visit the Sage support guide on how to install your software or contact the Sage Support team.
Step 3: Connect your GoCardless account to the new integration
- Open Sage 50 Accounts and logon as MANAGER.
- On the menu bar click Settings then click Company Preferences
- Enter your Password then click OK.
- Click ‘GoCardless for Sage 50’ then click Let's get started.
- Click Next and enter and confirm your Email, then click Next.
- Complete the Security check window and close
- Click Connect GoCardless account.
- Enter your GoCardless login Email and Password and click Connect to your GoCardless account. Close the confirmation window. (If you have more than one GoCardless account, ensure you enter the correct details as changing your GoCardless connection can be difficult).
- Set up your account details
- Direct Debit Manager bank account
- This represents the GoCardless bank account, where funds are received before being transferred to the nominated bank account during reconciliation.
Step 4: Match your customer records
- Once your account is connected, you will be prompted to match your GoCardless and Sage customer records. This matches GoCardless mandates with Sage customer records.
- The integration will suggest matches based on customer name and email address in the ‘Sage A/C’ Drop down.
- Either confirm matches or choose an alternative for the relevant customers.
NOTE: You can return to this step and match customers in Company Preferences at any time.
Step 5: Request payments for outstanding invoices
If you asked us to cancel future dated payments for you, you should now reschedule these by requesting payments using the new GoCardless for Sage 50 application. To do this:
- Click Customers then click the required customers you want to request payment for
- On the toolbar click Request DD payment
- In the Manage Direct Debit window, click the invoices you want to request payment for
- Click Request payment then click Submit
- Click OK
If you experience any issues while upgrading, please contact Sage's support team who will be more than happy to help you through the process.