Customers will receive a notification email from us in the following situations:
- - When a merchant sends a Direct Debit request.
- - When a new Direct Debit authorisation is set up.
- - When a new subscription* is set up by the merchant.
- - Three working days before a one-off ("AdHoc") payment is due to be charged.
- - When an action may need to be taken by the customer e.g. when a payment fails or a payment/authorisation is cancelled.
* For a subscription/payment plan, customers only receive a notification email when a subscription is first setup and whenever the payment amount within an existing subscription is amended.
Please note that this is a change from our previous dashboard where customers would receive an email prior to any payment being collected from their account.
You can view examples of the notification emails we send below.