This article provides an overview of two-step sign in, how to configure it within your GoCardless account, the recovery process, as well as answers to some of the commonly asked questions.
- What is two-step sign in?
- How to enable two-step sign in on your GoCardless account
- How to disable two-step sign in on your GoCardless account
- How to recover your account
- Frequently asked questions
Two-step sign in, also known as two-factor authentication or two-step verification, is a security process involving two separate authentication methods performed one after another to verify that an individual requesting access to an account is the owner of said account.
Within GoCardless, the two-step sign in process consists of entering an email address and accompanying password, followed by receipt of an SMS text message to your specified mobile phone number containing a code, which you will then need to enter to move successfully through step two of the login process.