Once you have decided you will be migrating your Direct Debit mandates across to GoCardless, the next step is to complete your bulk change deed. This is a legal agreement that transfers liability for indemnity claims from the old Service User Number (SUN) owner to the new SUN owner.
You can find a copy of the bulk change deed to complete attached at the bottom of this page and further information on how to complete it below.
Who should complete the deed?
The bulk change deed will need to be completed either by you or your current Direct Debit provider, depending on how you currently collect payments.
- FM (Facilities Management) - If you are bulk changing from an FM Direct Debit bureau where you do not own & maintain your own Service User Number (SUN), you will need to send the bulk change deed to your current bureau to complete.
- MA (Managed Administration) - If you are the Service User and you are bulk changing from a Service User Number (SUN) you own (i.e. you submit Direct Debit requests directly to your bank), you will need to complete the deed yourself, with the help of your sponsoring bank.
If you are unsure of whether you are the Service User, please contact your current Direct Debit provider to confirm.
How should the deed be completed?
If you are the Service User and own your SUN, please complete the bulk change deed as instructed below.
- SUN issue date - The date that your Service User Number (SUN) was issued. This should be a complete date (day, month and year).
- Long SUN name - The full name registered against your Service User Number as it is registered with the bank. This should exactly match the company's legal entity name in section 3.3 (e.g.: 'Ltd' & 'Limited' are not exact matches).
- Director and Witness Signatures - wet signatures are required, as digital signatures will not be accepted
- Address of Witness - this can be filled in with your company's registered address
- No further information should be included on the deed other than what is asked for, as this may invalidate the deed. Your SUN number is not required on the deed, as we’ll submit that on separate documentation.
- No alterations can be made to the deed. If there is tampering or scribbles, a new deed will need to be completed.