In this article you will find answers to the following questions:
- When do I receive notifications from GoCardless?
- Can I decide which notifications I receive?
- As the administrator, can I decide which notifications other users receive?
- Can multiple users receive the payout notification email?
- I'm not receiving my notification emails. What should I do?
- When do my customers receive notifications from GoCardless?
By default, merchants receive an email notification for the following actions:
- A new customer completes authorisation (general, paylink, or plan)
- A customer's payment fails
- A customer's payment is cancelled
- A customer's payment is charged back
- A customer's mandate is cancelled
- A created payment exceeds the transaction limit
- Each day a payout is due
Once logged into your dashboard, head to Settings (top right of dashboard screen) and select User Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find Email notifications and then (un)tick the options according to your preferences.
Certain notifications, such as payout emails, will always be sent and so have no option to deselect.
You're not able to manage notification recipients from within your administrator account. Instead, you would need to log in as the user, navigate to their User settings, and then (un)tick the required options in the Email notifications section at the bottom of the page.
ou can register a different email address to receive these via the Billing contact details field within the Company details section of your Settings area.
- Check your Spam/Junk folder.
- Add email@example.com as a contact in your email account.
- Check that your email notification options are selected within your dashboard User settings.
- If, after doing the above, you are still not receiving any notification emails, please raise a ticket with our Support team so we can investigate further.
Customers will receive an email notification in the following situations:
- When they authorise a Direct Debit
- When they authorise or are assigned to a subscription/plan
- When their existing subscription is changed
- Three working days prior to any one-off payment being charged
- When a payment of theirs fails
- When a payment of theirs is cancelled
- When a payment of theirs is refunded
- When their mandate is cancelled