The Reconciliation Report can be found on the main menu and is to help you reconcile payouts where payments haven't been applied to invoices, or the balance in your Direct Debit account is not correct.
When viewing the Reconciliation tab, you will be able to see all the payouts received into your account from GoCardless. When you view a Payout, all the payments that are included in that payout are listed, and whether or not we have applied the payment to Xero.
The list is ordered with the latest payouts at the top.
You can change the number of entries shown on a page via the drop down at the top of the page.
Clicking on a report shows you more information about that payout:
Here you can see the date and time that the Receipt and Fee details were pushed to Xero. If we have not been able to push details you will see a red x and details of the error message we received. If you see a red cross you most likely need to update your reconciliation settings.
Each payment will be listed with its reconciliation status.
- A green tick means there are no problems.
- Red X 'Not reconciled' - This means we have had a problem reconciling the payment, you can click the details button for more information.
A payment might not be reconciled because:
- The invoice amount has been paid off by other means
- The amount outstanding on the invoice is lower than the amount of the payment that was taken
- The payment was not taken by the GoCardless for Xero dashboard (e.g. it was taken via the GoCardless dashboard or via another platform. You will need to reconcile this manually)
Error messages will be shown in each case.