You’ve already decided that Direct Debit is the perfect payment solution for your business, but did you know that paying by Direct Debit has great benefits for customers too? Here are some things you can tell your customers:
Direct Debit saves your customers time & effort.
Direct Debit is a one time customer set-up, then they can pay you on an ongoing basis. For your customer, this means:
- No more having to remember when payment is due
- No more trips to the bank to set up or amend standing orders
- No more having to update their credit card details when they expire
- No more wasting time logging into online banking to make payment or writing cheques
Direct Debit is trusted.
- Over 75% of all regular payments in the UK are made by Direct Debit.
- GoCardless is the UK’s leading Direct Debit provider, processing over £5 billion in payments annually for more than 30,000 organisations big and small.
Direct Debit is the safest way for your customers to pay.
All your customer’s payments are protected by the Direct Debit guarantee, meaning they have the right to cancel a payment or get refunded if a payment is ever taken in error.
GoCardless notifies your customers in advance of payments being taken, so they’ll never be surprised when money leaves their account.
What other businesses using GoCardless say about Direct Debit
“We’ve had good feedback from customers about how easy it is to pay with Direct Debit,” says Iain. “Even those merchants who were reluctant to move at first realise that it has made their lives easier. In the majority of cases, Direct Debit benefits both us and our customers.”
Iain Worthington, Finance Director, VIA
Here’s an example message you could send to your customers, asking them to make the switch.
Direct Debit via GoCardless is now our preferred payment method. We think you’ll find it easier to pay through GoCardless, and it helps our business too. We’ll be saving hours of time each week managing our payments which we plan to reinvest into continually improving our service to you.
All you need to do to get started is enter your details online here:
[enter link to Direct Debit signup page].
How paying by Direct Debit benefits you:
- Unlike with other payment methods, you won’t have to remember to make future payments: as soon as [your invoice due date is reached/ subscription fee is due], we’ll collect payment straight from your pre-agreed bank account.
- GoCardless is the UK’s leading Direct Debit provider, processing over £5 billion in payments annually for more than 30,000 organisations including The Guardian and HM Government.
- You’ll be notified before each payment is taken and your payments are protected, so you’re guaranteed a refund if a payment was ever taken in error. Read more on:
If you have any questions, you can find out more details the "Paying through GoCardless FAQs" page. or get in touch with us on [phone number].
All the best, [Name and Company]