In this article you'll learn to add a new customer by sending them a general Direct Debit authorisation request using the Email option. This is the simplest method of adding a new customer via your dashboard, and is great for testing out GoCardless yourself!
You may rather send an authorisation link to your customers using your own email template or by providing it on your website. If you would like more information on how to do this, please click here.
Adding a customer via the Email option
1. Once logged into your dashboard, click on the Customers tab in the left menu bar
2. Click Add customers in the top right of the page
3. Select the Email option
Click here to learn more about inviting customers to set up their mandates using the Link or CSV options.
4. Enter the cusotmer's email address
You can also add a message to be included in the email.
5. When you're ready, click Add customers
6. You can now view your newly added customer(s) in the Pending section of your Customers page.
Your customer(s) will receive an email with a link to an online authorisation form. Once they complete and submit the form, the customer will move from 'Pending' status to 'Active'.
Now you've added a customer, find out how to collect your first payment.