In this article you'll learn to add a new customer by sending them a general Direct Debit authorisation request. If you'd prefer, you can also view the process in action.
1. Once logged into your dashboard, click on the Customers tab in the left menu bar.
2. Click Add customers in the top right of your Customers page.
3. In the window that opens, select the Email option at the top.
Learn more about Adding customers
4. Enter the email address of the customer you wish to request authorisation from, and add a message to be included in the email. You can enter multiple email addresses if you wish.
5. When you're ready, click Add customers
6. You can now view your newly added customer(s) in the pending section of your Customers page.
Your customer(s) will receive an email with a link to an online authorisation form. Once they complete and submit the form, the customer will move from 'pending' status to 'active'.
Now you've added a customer, find out how to collect your first payment.