To set up Direct Debit mandates online requires the payment page to be fully compliant with the respective scheme rules. This involves showing the relevant name and contact information about the holder of the Service User Number (SUN) or Creditor Identifier (CID).
You can access the relevant information via the creditor endpoint.
To create custom payment pages:
- When a new merchant authorises your partner app:
- Make a request to list creditors (https://developer.gocardless.com/api-reference/#creditors-list-creditors). There will only be 1 creditor in the response - store that creditor’s ID in your database.
- When rendering your payment pages:
- Make a get request for the relevant creditor by ID (https://developer.gocardless.com/api-reference/#creditors-get-a-single-creditor)
- Get the 'scheme_identifiers' attribute of the creditor, which is an array.
- Select the scheme identifier for the scheme/currency you need, and use its information (e.g. address and reference) to populate your payment page.
- [Optional] The `logo_url` (if present) of the creditor resource is a creditor-provided logo that can be used on the payment pages.
If you're interested in hosting your own payment pages for your merchants to use, please contact us. Please note that we will need to sign off on your designs before enabling this functionality. You can find more information about compliance requirements for custom payment pages here.
If your merchants want to design their own custom pages, or want to send their own custom notifications, set up Direct Debit mandates over the phone or by paper, they will still need to be on our Pro package. For this they should contact our Sales team.