The following payment timings are dependent on the below 2 actions being completed by 4pm UK time on any business day. If either is completed after this time, there will be an additional day in the process.
- The payer has given authorisation to set up a Direct Debit Instruction (DDI)
- GoCardless has received an instruction to create a payment
- A DDI is only set up when the first payment is due to be processed. It is not set up in advance.
- If a payment is created on a weekend or public holiday, the process will begin on the next business day
- Where there is a window of time specified, this is due to varying time zone differences across the year
|EVENT||NEW ZEALAND TIMINGS (NZST)||UK TIMINGS|
|Business day||Time||Business day||Time|
|Payment creation deadline *||0||5pm||0||4-6am|
|Customer charge date||2||From 9am||3||From 8pm|
|Payment status confirmed (successful / failed)||5||4-6am||4||5pm|
|Payout received (NZ based bank)||6-7||From 9am||5-6||From 9pm|
|Payout received (non-NZ based bank) **||7-9||Bank dependent||6-8||Bank dependent|
* Payments can be created in advance with the charge date specified. The time specified here is the cut-off to charge a customer as soon as possible. For one-off payments, this also marks the time when the customer is sent a notification email advising them of their payment.
** If collecting payments internationally with FX, please allow an extra 2-4 working days to receive your payout.