- What are the benefits of upgrading?
- How much does GoCardless Plus cost?
- How will you charge me for GoCardless Plus?
- When will I be invoiced for the GoCardless Plus fees?
- Can I still use my account while it is being upgraded?
- How do I get GoCardless Plus?
- I'm using GoCardless through a partner application. Can I upgrade to Plus?
- I collect payments via Bacs and SEPA. If I upgrade, do I pay just one cost for my account or will I be charged the monthly fee for each Direct Debit scheme I'm using?
- What happens if I upgrade and then decide I don't need GoCardless Plus or GoCardless Pro anymore? Can I downgrade back to Standard?
- I'm using GoCardless through my own API integration, can I use GoCardless Plus?
- This sounds great. How do I sign up for GoCardless Plus?
What are the benefits of upgrading to GoCardless Plus?
GoCardless Plus ensures that when you collect payments from your customers, your name is at the forefront of their minds.
On the GoCardless Standard product, customers see ‘GoCardless Ltd’ on their bank statements, followed by a mandate reference which includes your merchant name. However, only some banks display the second part of the reference we provide, which can understandably cause confusion for customers.
GoCardless Plus enables you to have your own Service User Number (SUN) or Creditor Identifier (CID). This means that your customers will see your business name on their bank statements every time a payment is collected from their account on your behalf.
There are a number of benefits to this, including:
- Reduced customer and payment churn. Your customers can clearly see who collecting their payments and are therefore less likely to cancel their Direct Debit mandates. GoCardless merchants with their own SUN see 30% fewer cancelled mandates than those using a general SUN.
- Reduced chargebacks. Your customers will be able to recognise payments instantly, meaning they’re less likely to chargeback payments at their bank.
- Professionalism. Having your business name appear on your customers’ bank statements gives greater professionalism to your business and a greater sense of security to your customers.
How much does GoCardless Plus cost?
GoCardless Plus costs £50 per month for the Bacs (UK) Direct Debit scheme. For the SEPA Direct Debit scheme, the monthly cost is €50.
If you want GoCardless Plus for both Bacs and SEPA then the monthly cost will be £100 or €120. If you’re interested in setting this up, please contact our sales team.
In addition to the monthly fee, we charge a transaction fee for each payment. You can see a breakdown of our transaction fees here
How will you charge me for GoCardless Plus?
When you sign up for GoCardless Plus, you’ll be asked to set up a Direct Debit mandate online to pay your monthly Plus fee. We will continue to deduct any transaction fees at source (before we pay out to you).
When will I be invoiced for the GoCardless Plus fees?
Can I still use my account while it is being upgraded?
Yes! We will notify you when GoCardless Plus has been set up on your account, but in the meantime you can continue to use GoCardless Standard to invite your customers to set up Direct Debit mandates and collect payments. There won’t be any disruption to your payments and we will take care of the entire upgrade process.
How do I get GoCardless Plus?
GoCardless Plus is now available to all merchants via the GoCardless dashboard - head to the Company Settings area to get started.
Select the Plus package, and complete all of the required details on the Company Settings page.
Once you have completed all of the required details, we’ll work quickly to upgrade you. We will be obtaining a Service User Number (SUN) or Scheme Identifier (CID) from the bank on your behalf. The time taken for this can vary but it should take no longer than 10 working days to secure your unique SUN/CID. You will receive an email from us the upgrade is in progress, and another email when the upgrade is complete.
If you are new to GoCardless, simply head to our website, and sign up for an account, then follow the same steps.
I'm using GoCardless through a partner application. Can I upgrade to Plus?
Please note that not all partners are currently offering the ability to sign up to Plus via their platforms. If you're unsure if it's available to you and would like confirmation, please get in touch with the partner directly.
Even if the partner you're using isn't currently offering the Plus package, you will still see this option during your GoCardless sign up process. As such, please do check with the partner if you wish to sign up to Plus and are unsure if this is offered.
I collect payments via Bacs and SEPA. If I upgrade, do I pay just one cost for my account or will I be charged the monthly fee for each Direct Debit scheme I'm using?
We will charge you for GoCardless Plus on a per-scheme basis. If you would like to use GoCardless Plus for your payments collected using both the Bacs and SEPA schemes, the monthly fee will be £100 or €120 (paid in the currency of your choice).
You’re also able to use GoCardless Plus for one scheme and continue to use the other scheme without having your own Service User Number (SUN) / Creditor Identifier (CID). We won’t charge you extra for this.
If you’re using GoCardless with multiple schemes and you’re interested in GoCardless Plus, please contact our sales team.
What happens if I upgrade and then decide I don't need GoCardless Plus or GoCardless Pro anymore? Can I downgrade back to Standard?
It is possible for you to downgrade from Pro or Plus. If you would like to downgrade packages, please email our team at email@example.com and we’ll be able to advise you further.
I’m using GoCardless through my own API integration. Can I use GoCardless Plus?
To use GoCardless Plus through our API, you will still need to log into the GoCardless Dashboard and upgrade on the Company Settings page.
As part of the upgrade process, we’ll need to change your customers’ mandate IDs. We will notify you in advance of making this change and provide you with details of how to update your database.
GoCardless Plus only supports the latest version of our API. If you are using the older version of the GoCardless API, then you will need to migrate to the latest version in order to us it. Take a look at our developer documentation for a detailed guide to creating an integration with the new version of our API.
This sounds great. How do I sign up for GoCardless Plus?