This article will show you how to create a recurring subscription for an individual customer.
View our video walkthrough on how to set up a subscription via your dashboard, or alternatively scroll down to read the article.
If you need to create a recurring payment plan for an individual active customer, you'll want to create a subscription for them.
1. Find the customer via the Customers page of your dashboard (or use the search bar at the top) and click on their name to open their individual overview page.
2. Click the green Create button at the top right of the page and choose Subscription.
Please note: if you are signed up to a GoCardless Pro account, you will see two additional options when clicking Create.
A window will open where you can enter the parameters of the subscription you would like to create for your customer.
3. Enter the name and amount of the subscription
4. Select the frequency you would like to charge your customer
5. Choose the start date when the customer's first payment will be charged
6. Finally, select the length the subscription will run for.
You can choose between "until further notice", or "for a specific number of payments". If choosing the latter, a box will open below where you can specify the number of payment collection in the subscription before it expires.
7. There are also two optional Advanced options.
As with one-off payments, once clicked, the window will expand to give two additional options.
The first option, Mandate, enables you to select which mandate you’d like to charge, should the customer have more than one.
The second option, Custom fields, allows you to add additional information to the subscription.
8. Click Create Subscription.
You will now see the active subscription listed in the customer's overview page.
To find out how to cancel a customer's subscription, please see our article here.