For merchants on our Pro package, there is the option to customise the Direct Debit mandate signup form by using your own custom payment pages in combination with our API, and hosting these within a website for a seamless signup process.
If you’re looking to integrate this functionality, you’ll need to use the following endpoints / flow:
- Create a customer
- Create a bank account for that customer*
- Create a mandate against that bank account
- Create a payment / subscription against that mandate
It’s also worth noting that a customer may need to provide multiple signatures to authorise their Direct Debit mandate. In this case, we’d suggest doing the following after creating a bank account for the customer:
- Use our Mandate PDF endpoint to generate a mandate authorisation form to give to the customer.
- Wait until the customer returns the signed form indicating their authorisation.
- Create a mandate against the customer’s bank account