In some instances, we are able to verify your bank account upon review of a banking document for your payout account. There are a number of reasons why this may be requested. Please see this guide for answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions surrounding Bank Documents.
- I have made the payment - why do you need a banking document?
- What does my banking document need to show?
- Where do I upload the banking document?
- I don't have any bank statements, what can I provide instead?
- How long will it take for my banking document to be reviewed?
Unfortunately, whilst we received your verification payment, it did not provide all of the information that we are required to verify.
Therefore, to complete the verification of your bank account and to enable you to receive payouts, we request sight of a banking document so that we can confirm your details.
Your bank statement will need to clearly display:
- The account holder name (e.g. GoCardless Limited if you are a limited company, or John Smith if you are a sole trader)
- The account number
- A date within the past 6 months
You can securely upload your document quickly & easily via the Verification status section of the onboarding flow here.
If your bank account is newly opened, or you use paperless banking, we appreciate that you may not have a statement available to provide. If this is the case, we would be happy to accept one of the following documents:
- An opening letter from your bank
- A screenshot of your online banking
- An official, headed letter from your bank confirming the account details.
Please note that the document you provide will need to clearly display the account name, number and a recent date in order to be approved.
Once you have uploaded a copy of your banking document, it will be reviewed by a member of the team within 1-2 working days.
If we need any further information from you at that stage, we will get in touch. Once the verification of your GoCardless account has been completed in full, you will receive an email to let you know.
I have further questions - how can I get in touch?
If you do have further questions surrounding our requirements, please do let us know by emailing email@example.com and we will happily get back to you with further information.
Please note that all communication regarding the verification process must be in writing. We’ve taken this decision to ensure that we have an auditable paper trail of the checks we’ve conducted, as well as a record of the communication between both parties.