In this article you’ll learn how to export your customer data as a csv download to view in spreadsheet form within Microsoft Excel or similar.
The exports covered in this article are specific to customer Direct Debit authorisations and their respective statuses, and do not include any payment data.
To export your customers’ payment data, you would need to do this via the Payments page within your dashboard, or otherwise for individual customers via their respective account pages. Please see here for more information on exporting payment data.
This article includes:
- Customer ID
- Creation date (date the customer authorised)
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Company name
- Mandate status
- Metadata (custom fields)
Note: Not all fields are mandatory and so some fields will not include any data.
1. Login to your GoCardless dashboard & navigate to the Customers page
2. Select the status of customers you wish to export
Using these filtering options, choose the date range of when customers were created (i.e. added to your dashboard) that you would like to export, along with their current status. These statuses are broken down into:
- Active - customers with an active Direct Debit mandate set up with your business/organisation and so available to create payments for.
- Pending - customers that have been sent an authorisation request via the email option within your dashboard but not yet actioned it.
- Inactive - customers that previously had an active mandate with yourself but have since cancelled it.
3. Click the Export button to initiate a csv download of your [filtered] customer information
A export generation window will open in the bottom right of your screen to track its progress
Once the download has completed the status dot will turn green
4. Click the csv link to download it to your device
5. Once you’ve downloaded the export, click Dismiss to close the Export generation window
Next, find out how to export payment information.