Account security is an important consideration. Here are some steps we recommend you take to keep your account secure.
1. Use strong, unique passwords
- Your password must be a minimum of 12 characters long, and we strongly recommend using a combination of UPPER and lowercase characters, numbers, and special characters (e.g. !, *, £, etc.).
- Your password should be hard to guess, and shouldn't include your name or common words.
- Don't share your password with anyone.
- Don’t use the same password for multiple logins.
- You might want to consider using a password manager to manage all of your login credentials for you. They can also generate ultra-secure passwords, saving you from having to remember lots of different ones or resorting to using the same one for everything.
2. Don't share logins
- GoCardless allows you to add multiple users to your GoCardless account. If more than one person uses your account, you should all have separate logins.
- Ensure users have the correct level of access - see here for more info.
- Regularly audit your GoCardless users to ensure only the necessary people have access.
3. Use two step sign in
- Two step sign in is a security feature that helps protect your GoCardless account in addition to your password. This means that even if someone gets hold of your username and password, they won't be able to login without a code sent by SMS to your mobile number.
Find out how to turn on two step sign in here.