Making sure you keep your account secure is important as it helps to protect you and your customers' data.
Here are three simple steps to keeping your account secure.
1. Use strong and unique passwords
- Choose a password that cannot easily be guessed using upper and lower case letters and numbers that are 12 characters or more; longer passwords are harder for an attacker to guess. You can see this NCSC guide on How to choose a password.
- Do not reuse passwords or similar passwords you have used on other services.
- We advise that you use a password manager application that can generate strong passwords for every website and make it easy for you to use.
2. Use your own user account
- Do not share your login details with anyone else. Instead, you are able to add individual user accounts for each person that requires access.
- Set the access level for additional users to the minimum that would be needed for their use.
- Audit the users in your account periodically and remove users that no longer need access
3. Enable two step sign in / Multi Factor Authentication (MFA)
Using MFA adds an additional layer of protection by using something that you have (the code we provide to you) in addition to the password (something you know) before someone could login to your account.
- Use the code generator option as your default MFA option. It only takes a couple of minutes to setup two step sign in