The following payment timings are dependent on the below 2 actions being completed by 4pm UK (12pm EDT) time on any business day. If either is completed after this time, there will be an additional day in the process.
- The payer has given authorization to set up a ACH Debit
- GoCardless has received an instruction to create a payment
- A mandate is only set up when the first payment is due to be processed. It is not set up in advance.
- If a payment is created on a weekend or US public holiday, the process will begin on the next available working day.
|EVENT||US TIMINGS (EDT)||UK TIMINGS (BST)|
|WORKING DAY||ESTIMATED TIME||WORKING DAY||ESTIMATED TIME|
|Payment creation deadline *||0||12:00pm||0||4:00pm|
|Customer charge date||2||Varies||2||Varies|
|Payment status confirmed (successful / failed)||4||8:30am - 5:00pm||4||12:30pm - 9:00pm|
|Payout received (US based bank)||6**||10:00am||6**||2:00pm|
* Payments can be created in advance with the charge date specified. The time specified here is the cut-off to charge a customer as soon as possible. For one-off payments, this also marks the time when the customer is sent a notification email advising them of their payment.