If you need to exchange your API access tokens, we’ll provide a short guide on how to do this. If you’re using our old dashboard please see the instructions in the second guide below.
Please note: If you use our new dashboard but still have an active integration with our legacy API, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you rotate your app secret.
Rotating an access token using our new dashboard
- Log in to your GoCardless Dashboard and go to the developer section.
- Click the “Create” button in the top-right and choose “Access token”.
- Name your access token, choose a scope and click “Create access token”.
- The new access token is now shown to you. Please copy it now, as we will not be able to show this again to you. This new token is now active and can be copied into your integration.
- Once you’ve ensured it’s working, you can disable your old access token. To do this, select the token and in the pop-up click the link “Disable access token”.
Rotating an access token using our legacy dashboard
- Click “More” in the menu bar and select “Developer” to get into our developer section.
- Click “Generate new app secret” and then “Make primary”.
- Copy this secret to the relevant part of your integration.
- Once you’ve ensured it’s working, you can click “Revoke” on your old app secret.