- In the Advanced options when adding a customer by Email via the Add customers button
- When creating a paylink
- When inviting a customer to plan via the Email option
EXAMPLE (when adding a customer via the Email option):
What is a restricted mandate?
Customers will receive an email with an "Approve payment" button, which they must click before the payment or subscription can begin processing.
How to know if a customer has a restricted mandate
a). Checking a customer's mandate details
1. Navigate to the customer's page in your dashboard
2. Click on their bank account
3. ... and then on their active mandate reference
4. On the mandate details page you will find the Payments require approval field
If this field is "True", the customer needs to approve each one-off payment and/or new subscription created for them.
b). When creating a new payment or subscription for a customer
You will be advised when a customer is required to approve a payment on the payment creation window when applicable.
A grey status dot will be visible next to the payment/subscription on the customer's overview page until the customer approves it.
This can also be confirmed on the payment details page (accessed by clicking on the payment).
Note: The charge date specified (in the Details section) is the current charge date if the customer were to approve the payment/subscription at that time.
Once the customer approves the payment (by clicking the button as shown below), their payment will begin processing.
The payment will then move to 'pending submission' status, and will now have a yellow status dot next to it.
As you can see, the payment history has updated to show 'Customer approval granted'.