This article will show you how to create a one-off payment for an existing customer.
1. Find the customer you would like to charge via the Customers page in your dashboard and click on their name.
2. Click the green Create button at the top right of the page and choose Payment.
Please note: if you are signed up to a GoCardless Pro account, you will see two additional options when clicking Create.
3. Set the parameters for the payment in the window that opens.
If you select to “take payment as soon as possible”, the payment will be charged to the customer on the date shown in brackets.
If you select to “take payment on a specific date”, a box will open below showing the first available charge date. Click this box to open the calendar where you can select your preferred charge date.
4. There are also two optional Advanced options.
Once clicked, the window will expand to give two additional options.
The first option, Mandate, enables you to select which mandate you’d like to charge, should the customer have more than one.
The second option, Custom fields, allows you to add additional information to the payment.
5. Once you've completed the form, simply click Create Payment
Find out how to cancel a payment, please see our article here