Instant Bank Pay is our latest feature for GoCardless users. It enables you to request a payment from your existing customers and have the funds collected almost immediately following approval by your customer.
This article covers the process of creating an Instant Bank Payment via your dashboard. You can also find information on the customer's experience of making an Instant Bank Payment here, and if you have any questions we recommend taking a look at our Instant Bank Pay FAQs here.
|Please note: Instant Bank Pay is currently only available for payments being collected from UK customers paying in GBP via Bacs.|
Request an instant payment from a customer via your dashboard
1. Select Customers from your dashboard navigation menu to open your list of active customers
2. Find and select the customer you would like to request a payment from
3. On the customer's individual record, click Create, and select Instant payment (Early Access)
4. On the following page, enter the payment amount
5. Send the request via a GoCardless generated email, or copy the link to share with your customer directly
Once you've sent your payment request to the customer, the payment will appear on their record under Requested payments with a pending status (marked by a yellow dot)
You will be able to see the payment status of all previous and existing instant payments here in the Requested payments section, and also request more payments directly from the Actions button.
Once your customer completes payment, you will receive instant confirmation in your dashboard. The status dot alongside the payment will turn green to reflect this.
Please take a look at our Instant Bank Pay FAQs if you're unsure of anything.
Want to know what your payer sees? Check out our demo, and for a detailed guide see this article.