In this Payments FAQs page you will find answers to the following questions:
- Can I change a customer's charge date?
- How do I change the amount I am charging a customer?
- How do I find out why a payment failed?
- Can I retry a failed payment?
- Why is there a transaction limit?
Can I change a customer's charge date?
You're not able to edit the charge date on an existing payment or subscription. Instead, you would need to cancel the customer's current payment or subscription and create a new one for your preferred charge date.
How do I change the amount I am charging a customer?
You're not able to edit the amount of a payment. Instead, you will need to cancel the payment and then re-create it.
Please note that you can only cancel a payment before it is submitted to the banking system for processing. Find out more about our payment timings for each available Direct Debit scheme here.
How do I find out why a payment failed?
Find the payment in your dashboard and click on it. You will then see a reason for the failure based on the reason code we received from the customer's bank.
Can I retry a failed payment?
Yes, providing the customer's mandate is still active. To do this:
1. Find the payment in your dashboard and click on it.
2. Click the green Retry button in the top right of the page.
Please note: The payment will process again according to the same timings as usual. You can find out more about our payment timings here.
Why is there a transaction limit?