In this Payments FAQs page you will find answers to the following questions:
- Can I change a customer's charge date?
- How do I change the amount I am charging a customer?
- How do I find out why a payment failed?
- Can I retry a failed payment?
- Why is there a transaction limit?
You're not able to edit the charge date on an existing payment or subscription. Instead, you would need to cancel the customer's current payment or subscription and create a new one for your preferred charge date.
Please note that you can only cancel a payment before it is submitted to the banking system for processing. Find out more about our payment timings for each available Direct Debit scheme here.
Find the payment in your dashboard and click on it. You will then see a reason for the failure based on the reason code we received from the customer's bank.
Yes, providing the customer's mandate is still active. To do this:
1. Find the payment in your dashboard and click on it.
2. Click the green Retry button in the top right of the page.
Please note: The payment will process again according to the same timings as usual. You can find out more about our payment timings here.